STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
We believe the HOLY BIBLE is the verbally inspired WORD OF GOD and is the basis for any statement of FAITH. The Church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message” (2000 edition) as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention. In condensed form those things most surely believed among us are as follows:
- In the infallible, verbal inspiration of the whole Bible (II Timothy. 3:16-17)
- In the TRIUNE GOD (Matthew 28:19)
- In the GENESIS account of Creation
- In the Virgin Birth of JESUS CHRIST (Matthew 1:20)
- In the Deity of JESUS CHRIST (John 10:30)
- In the vicarious sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST (Hebrews 2:19)
- That sin is primarily against GOD, and all have sinned and are in need of salvation. (Psalms 5:4; I John 5:17; and Romans 3:23).
- That salvation is wholly of GRACE through Faith in CHRIST JESUS, free to all who will accept it, and that all believers are eternally secure in their salvation(Ephesians 2:8; Romans 10:13; John 5:24; and John 10:27-30) We believe that salvation is the free gift of God, not by any virtue or works of man, but received only by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; and all true believers possess the gift of eternal life, a perfect righteousness, sonship in the family of God, and the divine guarantee that they shall never perish.
- In the bodily resurrection and ascension of JEUS CHRIST (I Corinthians 15:1,3-8; Acts 1:9).
- In the bodily resurrection of all born-again believers in CHRIST JESUS (I Corinthians 15:15-58)
- In the personal and bodily second coming of JESUS CHRIST (Acts 1:11)
- That Hell is the eternal home of the lost, and HEAVEN is the eternal home of the saved (Matthew 25:46)
- That the CHURCH was established by CHRIST HIMSELF while here upon earth; it has two ordinances 1) Baptism and 2) the Lord’s Supper, both of which are symbols and have no saving power whatsoever. The local CHURCH is an autonomous body with CHRIST as its head (Matthew 16:18, 28:18-20)
- That the CHURCH was commanded and empowered to share the GOSPEL with lost souls, and every believer is to be a witness for CHRIST (Luke 24:46-48; Acts 1:8).
- We believe in the Rapture of the Church (1 Thessalonians 4:18-5:2) and the Second Coming of Christ; the time being unrevealed but always imminent; that when He comes He will first by resurrection of the dead and the translation of the living remove from the earth His waiting church; then pour out the righteous judgments of God upon the unbelieving world, afterwards descend with His church and establish His glorious and literal kingdom over all the nations for a thousand years.